Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Mobile Shelf


Try using metal components to build a form of furniture, with costs as cheaply as possible.
After look and observe what was there, I decided to choose stainless steel pipes with the diameter 2.5 cm  (1 inches)  by reason of such material resistant to corrosion, no need to refinishing and especially the shiny look luxurious.

The next step is to create a furniture design with the basic concept of minimalist, functional and of course must be at a cost that is cheap.
Of sketches on paper, I get form a bookshelf  with a measure of detail as seen on the picture below

I use grade B teakwood because prices are relatively inexpensive with a thickness of 2.5 cm.
I choose dark colour wich is Cooffe Brown contrasts with the shiny of stainless steel, followed by using a wax coating at the end.
To add a little accent, I put 4 pieces of wheel caster which one of them using latches.
So, mobile bookshelf  I already have.....

It turns out from a simple and low cost can result a form of furniture that is functional and eye catching display.
Sold to Mrs. Taeko-Japan.


No comments:

Powered By Blogger